HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
Tabernacle Baptist Church began in April of 1954.
We were started with a heart for missions.
First Pastor was Robert Hess, who received $15.00 per week.
Church began in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Charles Bame on Ryan Street in Salisbury.
First church building was located at 3 Shives Street, which was formerly a store building.
The current bus ministry was started in 1955.
First service held on the current property was in September of 1958. A two-pole tent that was headed to a North African missionary work was rented for a two-week revival.
First service in the new building was held in December of 1959.
The cost of the building was $32,000.
First missionary was Paul Wimer, serving in Alaska.
First 3 deacons were: Mr. Boyden Walter, Mr. Walter Brittain, and Mr. Percy Smith.
First baptism was on December 18, 1960.
The parsonage was built in 1962.
The Educational Building or Fellowship Hall was dedicated on December 12, 1970.
The gymnasium was built in 1980.
The kitchen, which once was a pantry was constructed and completed in 1998.
The bathrooms were completed in 2005.
There were 20 young people saved during Vacation Bible School in 2005.
New sign out front was finished on April 19, 2007.
Baptist Christian School was founded in the fall of 2018.
A new sign for the Reformer’s Unanimous Program was finished in January 2019.
PASTORS OF TBC
Robert Hess 1954 ~ 1961
Alfred Mersman 1962 ~ 1965
Ray Brown 1966 ~ 1968
Gene Graham 1968 ~ 1975
Stanley Cline 1976 ~ 1988
Tony Fox 1988 ~ 1998
Brian Beaver 1998 ~ 1999
Mark Brown 1999 ~ 2003
Sam Gobble 2004 ~ 2006
Bill Adams Jr. 2006 ~ 2014
Dan Caldwell 2015 ~ 2018
To God be the Glory! Great things HE hath Done!
Copyright © 2019 Tabernacle Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy GoCentral